Thanks to TonyBlog, and his article How difficult is to be the fastest growing internet company in the world, I discovered a long but very interesting video on Google’s dominance.
I share the video here also for the ones who want to see it from here.
I was hit by several things:
- the “Ministry of Truth” thing that happens at the end of the video
- the reference to the media monopoly situation that is happening in some parts of Europe (Italy, for instance) and that is scaring lot of people
- the fact that the VPs that are interviewed do not show concern about the power they have in their hands.
They consider that power just from a technology point of view and they came out with statements that look like the following ones (I do not quote exact words…)
- if we were able to do what we did, everybody can do also.
- Why would we do something evil?
- the possibility of beinbg evil is inside every job…
No, I think that we need to come to some action before it is too late. Internet Search is too important to be left in the hands of a private monopoly: Internet Search should be property of no one. The temptation would be too big.